The Granary Lodge Bed & Breakfast
More in Hospitality
Stay in the grounds of The Castle of Mey in one of our 10 luxury guest rooms.
Whether you are touring the North Highlands of Scotland or looking for accommodation for that special occasion, The Granary Lodge is the perfect spot. Situated in the grounds of the Castle of Mey and right by the seashore it features beautiful views and spectacular sunsets over the Pentland Firth to Orkney. On the dark nights you may be lucky to see the Northern Lights.
Things are a little bit different just now and we are excited about our re-opening. Although slightly different our hospitality and welcome remain the same.
Reducing the risk of Covid -19
As we welcome you to the Granary Lodge we are committed to ensure your stay will be stress free and safe. We have implemented enhanced safety procedures to give you peace of mind and reassurance that your wellbeing and travel experience is our top priority. Our processes and precautions will be under constant review exceeding all government guidelines and more.
Please see video below.
Check-in after 4pm Check out by 10.30am.
Until further notice, following government guidelines the drawing room and dining room will remain closed.
In the meantime, in the comfort of your room please enjoy one of our delicious breakfast boxes, delivered to you at a pre-arranged time.
Also available on request to your room are cream teas and platters.
A selection of locally produced beverages are available - delivered to your room.
Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate dogs at The Granary Lodge with the exception of Assistance Dogs.
Enjoy our rural and serene setting in the Castle grounds.
Visiting the Area
We encourage you to stay for a few days in the Highlands to give you time to discover all that there is to see and do in our beautiful corner of the world. Please find just a few ideas below, please remember to check if they are open before visiting:
- A day trip through The Flow Country
- Old Pulteney Whisky Distillery, Wick
- Bird-watching at St John’s Pool bird hide
- Puffin-watching at Duncansby, Dunnet Head or Drum Hollistan
- Achavanich Standing Stones
- Whaligoe Steps
- Castle Sinclair Girnigoe, near Wick
- A walk at Duncansby Stacks
- The famous sign-post at John O’Groats, the end of the road
- A private tour of The Castle of Mey
- A day trip to Orkney, from John O’ Groats or Gills Bay
- Nybster Broch
- Wick Heritage Museum
- Camster Cairns
- Dunnet Head, the British Mainland’s most northerly point
- Seal spotting at one of the many harbours in the area
- Dunnet Bay Distillers , producing Rock Rose Gin & Holy Grass Vodka, Dunnet
- Wolfburn Whisky Distillery, Thurso
- A private tour taking in lesser known history spots and beautiful viewing points in the area
- The Granary Lodge Bed & Breakfast, The Castle of Mey, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 8XH
- Tel: 01847 851861 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: Follow directions for The Castle of Mey and once in the grounds, follow the signs to The Granary Lodge.
How To Get Here
Directions to The Granary Lodge Bed & Breakfast via The Castle of Mey.Read More...
Volunteer in the Garden
If you have a passion for horticulture check out our gardening volunteer opportunity and work in the gardens and grounds of the Castle.Read More...
News and Events
Keep up to date with the latest from the Castle - News, Events and Job Opportunities.Read More...