The Granary Lodge Bed & Breakfast
More in Hospitality
Stay in the grounds of The Castle of Mey in one of our 10 luxury guest rooms.
The Granary Lodge is our luxury Bed & Breakfast located near the shoreline just a few metres from The Castle of Mey.
Whether you are touring the North Highlands of Scotland or looking for accommodation for that special occasion, The Granary Lodge is the perfect spot – offering 10 individually styled bedrooms including 2 Suites, a relaxing drawing room with beautiful views over the Pentland Firth to Orkney and a warm Highland welcome.
To start the day, we provide you with a delicious freshly-cooked breakfast with gluten-free and healthy options available. Our staff will then be on hand to provide information and advice on what to see and do during your day, before rounding your day off with a wee dram from the bar while relaxing in our drawing room, enjoying the sunset.
- Check-in from 4pm; Check-out by 10.30am.
- Licensed bar selling a range of locally produced and International beverages (license pending).
- Breakfast made from quality, locally-sourced ingredients.
- 2 Luxury Suites each with their own lounge area and generously proportioned ensuite.
- 8 Super-king / King-size Double rooms, all with ensuite.
- Comfortable drawing room with open fire and views over the sea.
- Cot and Highchair available on request.
- While pets are welcome at the Castle of Mey, unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate them at The Granary Lodge with the exception of Assistance Dogs.
- Enjoy our rural and serene setting in the Castle grounds.
Visiting the Area
We encourage you to stay for a few days in the Highlands to give you time to discover all that there is to see and do in our beautiful corner of the world. Please find just a few ideas below:
- A day trip through The Flow Country
- Old Pulteney Whisky Distillery, Wick
- Bird-watching at St John’s Pool bird hide
- Puffin-watching at Duncansby, Dunnet Head or Drum Hollistan
- Achavanich Standing Stones
- Whaligoe Steps
- Castle Sinclair Girnigoe, near Wick
- A walk at Duncansby Stacks
- The famous sign-post at John O’Groats, the end of the road
- A visit to The Castle of Mey (of course!)
- A day trip to Orkney, from John O’ Groats or Gills Bay
- Nybster Broch
- Wick Heritage Museum
- Camster Cairns
- Dunnet Head, the British Mainland’s most northerly point
- Seal spotting at one of the many harbours in the area
- Dunnet Bay Distillers , producing Rock Rose Gin & Holy Grass Vodka, Dunnet
- Wolfburn Whisky Distillery, Thurso
- A private tour taking in lesser known history spots and beautiful viewing points in the area
- The Granary Lodge Bed & Breakfast, The Castle of Mey, Thurso, Caithness, KW14 8XH
- Tel: 01847 851861 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions: Follow directions for The Castle of Mey and once in the grounds, follow the signs to The Granary Lodge.
How To Get Here
Directions to The Granary Lodge Bed & Breakfast via The Castle of Mey.Read More...
Visiting The Castle
Whether you'd like to take a tour of the Castle or wander around the Walled Gardens, there's something for everyone at the Castle & Gardens of Mey.Read More...
News and Events
Keep up to date with the latest from the Castle - News, Events and Job Opportunities.Read More...