More inVisitor Info
The Castle of Mey is an historic building and, consequently, disabled access is not possible to all parts of it. Nevertheless, we will always try to assist our visitors to enjoy as much of it as possible. If visiting the castle itself, please note the following:
- If you have difficulty walking, please ask at the ticket office to be allowed to park closer to the castle entrance.
- The distance from the car park to the castle is about 200 metres
- We regret that wheelchair access is not currently possible in the Castle , however if you use a wheelchair or mobility aid we want your visit to be as enjoyable as possible so we suggest that you telephone in advance to find out what you can see and do
- Situated beside the car park is our Visitor Centre where the tearoom, shop and toilets are completely accessible
- We offer English translations of our tour for the hearing impaired, please ask for these when you visit the Gift Shop
To discuss any concerns you may have ahead of your making your visit please call 01847 851473.
We are always looking at ways in which we can enhance the experience for our visitors. If you have any ideas on improvements that we can make, then please let us know.